Sunday, March 20, 2005

Victory at Eden Gardens

India finally overcame history to beat Pakistan at Eden Gardens. The ever dependable Kumble bowled India to a famous victory. Special kudos to Rahul Dravid who hit two centuries, one in each innings. The thing that is getting really cliched is calling Dravid an unsung hero, underated blah blah. I think the media likes to play that up every time he does well. I think it does him more diservice than any good. Everybody knows that Dravid is a key player in the Indian cricket team. I think comparisons between him and Tendulkar and Ganguly should stop. In all circles Dravid's talent is appreciated and recognized. And if the media claims otherwise, then it is grossly wrong.

I think the Bangalore test is going to be a draw. I have been at the bangalore stadium for the India- South Africa test match and its just lacks a soul. Well it will depend on the pitch. I would rather that the test match be in Chennai.

No comments: