Monday, March 21, 2005

Vernal Equinox

Today is technically the first day of Spring. Well it depends on what Spring bring for you. The cold dreary winter is gone and here comes a season full of allergies. Whoohoo!!! Spring has the most positive connotation of all seasons. Does a season really affect how we feel? Are people happier in sunny beach California than in people in say Boston? Is the need for light a genetic thing or an envirnoment conditioning? Some one told me that 60% of people in Alaska suffer from some kind of depression.

2 comments:

Tap tap tapdo said...

It's true that about 60% of people in Alaska suffer from depression. Winter caps with little lights on them (to light up the face and give them a "daytime" feeling are very popular there).

lpoopsee said...

I seem to be very sensitive to the seasonal changes and especially spring. For me, I really struggle as the season arrives as far as feeling very depressed and unsettled. I have finally realized that I go through this every year at this time. Once I make it over the hump of the season change, then I become almost euphoic with the awesomeness of spring and new beginnings. It helps to know that I will get through this but it is very ineresting to me that I would feel depressed at this wonderful time of year.