Friday, June 10, 2005

WAMP project

I am going to keep a running story of how I did my WAMP project (Windows/Apache/MySQL/PHP).

If you are running Windows XP and need to develop using MySQL and PHP, instead of downloading each of these three things seperately and configuring them just download the WAMP Server This will install all the three things.

The first road block:

When I opened a mysql command prompt it asked for me for a password.
The password is just an empty string. So just hit enter and works fine. But do remember to change the password.

The second road block

I already had IIS running when I installed Apache. both listen on port 80. So you have to change the settings of one or the other to listen on another port. I am thinking about just disabling the IIS. Well lets see how it turns out.

2 comments:

Chetan said...

HAI NEHA
I M ALSO COMP.STUDENT
I WANT TO KNOW HOW I CAN START WORKING WITH WAMP.

nitika said...

hii..i am also a computer engg student.
can u please throw some light how to go about using WAMP,i am making my minor project using it.
topic of my project is "online tutorials"