The guidelines say:
- Men should never touch women in public, even to help a woman out of a car, unless the lady is very elderly or infirm
- In Indian culture... men socialise with men, and women with women
- Married couples in Asia do not hug, hold hands or kiss in public. Even embracing at airports and train stations is considered out of the question
- Generally it is improper for women to speak with strangers on the street and especially to strike up a casual conversation
- Drinking alcohol or smoking in public, no matter how innocent, are interpreted as a sign of moral laxity and are not acceptable.
The only thing I kind of disagree is the smoking in public part. I don't think smoking in public is considered as bad. It depends on where you are though. If around conservative Indians then it definitely would be not looked upon kindly.